Your kitchen in Floorplan View identifying Food Flow Zones
Your kitchen in Elevation Views identifying Storage Solutions
Vesta Design Options:
Designer recommended Style Update
A Color perspective illustrating Style Update
A Black & White perspective illustrating any new elements
The following shows how a kitchen can be improved with the
Vesta Design Package.
This kitchen is a basic U-Shaped layout in a 10’ by 12’ space. The room has framed cabinetry and free standing appliances.
- The refrigerator door opens the wrong way with no drop off space
- The cabinet above the refrigerator is only 12″ deep and not easily accessed
- The microwave takes up valuable counter space
- The single shelf in the base cabinet between refrigerator and range lacks functionality
- The base corner cabinet is not very accessible and the piano hinge door hits the free-standing range
- The overlapping of the corner upper cabinets hides the corner storage
- The sink cabinet lacks functionality for clean-up tasks
- Narrow base cabinet on the end with a single shelf is awkward storage
- Fixed shelves in upper cabinets limits storage options
- Kitchen lacks pantry storage
- Kitchen has only two drawers
- The space above the upper cabinets has minimal storage capacity
- The kitchen table must be pullout out to use and another table & chairs set is located in the adjacent dining room
A Vesta Design Solution
- Upper drawer insert: half spice insert & half utensil insert
- Two rollout shelves inside the base cabinet
- Backsplash hanging rods in backsplash area
- A revolving basket in the corner base cabinet
- Tilt front with an angled tray in false front of sink cabinet
- Trash can mounted on the left side door with pop-up lid
- Tea towel holder mounted on the right side door
- Double cutlery insert in upper drawer
- Tray dividers installed in both sections of the base cabinet
- New 12” deep pantry
- New floating shelves above built-in table and open shelves below
- New 12” deep pantry
As per Vesta Design, all of the existing cabinetry was retained. The free-standing table was replaced with a built-in counter height table. The table was flanked by new shallow depth pantries and accented with a lower open shelf and upper floating shelves.
With the new design in place the five Kitchen Zones were identified and functionality was added.
Food Storage Zone
A new counter depth refrigerator hinged left replaces the old refrigerator. The inaccessible upper cabinet above the refrigerator was removed to accommodate the 84” high refrigerator. With the microwave relocated, a drop off counter beside the refrigerator was provided. A new shallow pantry across from the refrigerator accommodates dry food stuffs and canned goods.
A new shallow slide-in range was installed to replace the free standing range. An over-the-range microwave replaces the hood. New rollout shelves house pots & pans while spices and small tools are stored in the upper drawer fitted with an utility drawer insert. A hanging rail system keeps other cooking utensils close at hand.
The main prep zone is located between the sink and the range. Prep tools are hung on a hanging rail system above the prep counter. The shallow depth of the slide-in range allows the corner base door to open fully where mixing bowls and small appliances are stored on two revolving baskets. The new built-in table at counter height provides an additional prep zone when the cook would like to spread out.
The sink and dishwasher make up the clean-up zone with the area being accessorized to make it more functional. The false front of the sink cabinet tilts forward to store scrubbers and brushes. A trash can with flip up lid contains kitchen garbage. A tea towel holder on the right side door allows tea towels to dry between use. Basic cleaning supplies are stored in a basket under the sink.
The serving zone is located at the entrance to the dining room with tableware storage located above the dishwasher and on the open shelves above the built-in table. The new 3′ by 4′ built-in table/counter is the ideal place to plate dishes going to the dining room or to gather around for an informal meal. Extra serving dishes can be stored in the shallow pantry on the left side of the built-in table.
The final design shows how the function of this space could be vastly improved with the replacement of the old dated appliances, the addition of new cabinet & backsplash accessories and the installation of new units to replace the kitchen table. Vesta Design shows that the functional improvement of this space can be accomplished without a full kitchen over hall.
The homeowner could take the next step and look at some aesthetic changes to the space such as replacing the countertops & backsplash; installing a new sink & faucet; painting the existing cabinets, switching out the cabinet hardware and possibly replacing the flooring. Vestabul has an option that you can choose to have a designer develop a style update. Get inspired with our Style tab.